This is their team mascot (according to me)... Spike. He's a puppy that Will said will grow to be very large. They grow dogs big and mean over there! Survival of the fittest I guess!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Look out Brett Farve!!
Will sent me a couple of pictures from an HA drop that they did while out at the new FOB. He and Durrant organized a small 'humanitarian aid function' (HA drop). They invited some kids from the village across the river to their camp to pick out toys and school supplies that me, Will's mom and sister Anna and Durrant's family and friends had sent. Will said "It was absolutely a joy!"
The village only sent boys because they don't have a woman on their team. So next time they do an HA drop, they'll try to have some women there so the little girls can come out as well. As the boys waited outside the fence Will, Durrant, Wheeler and "Doc" started playing catch with the footballs. He said their intent was to "sell the sport" because all those kids know is soccer. Sure enough, the boys started copying what they had seen and the first things to go were the footballs.
Will said, "the kids were cute and it warmed my heart to see the little [kids] leave with a bag full of toys, a hand full of candy and a smile on their face...oh, we gave them tooth brushes too."

This is their team mascot (according to me)... Spike. He's a puppy that Will said will grow to be very large. They grow dogs big and mean over there! Survival of the fittest I guess!
This is their team mascot (according to me)... Spike. He's a puppy that Will said will grow to be very large. They grow dogs big and mean over there! Survival of the fittest I guess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now that I'm in YW, I have been having activity ideas. I think the YM/YW and even primary kids could have a combined activity and prepare care kits for the soldiers and the kids there where Will is. We'll have to talk, and you let me know what the potential of something like that is.
Post a Comment