Monday, August 11, 2008

Like father.....like son!

We signed Jay up for his first year of TACKLE football. He's so excited and wishes so much that his dad was here to help and watch. This will be the first of many seasons, so Will's got plenty of time to watch. He's already given Jay tips and advice and "dad coaching" over the phone and Jay has soaked up every word.

Jay will be playing on the "line" (you would think I would know more about football). He and 18 of the other boys and one girl (???? I know!!) who weigh more than 125 are on the line. At registration, Jay weighed in at 139.....hold on....I'm still getting over the shock!! When will the growing stop? (Don't need him to stop growing, just hearing little "cha-chings" in my head a lot more!)

Are you proud Will?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

There's no greater game, Jay! I am indeed so proud and can't wait to see you play. I remember the first time I put pads on. I think I had to be corrected on the placement of the tail pad (it goes in back). I wanted to play so bad and I was so happy! I hope you're the same way. Here's the thing...I remember the last time I put pads on too. It goes so fast. So, here's the coaches corner for the day: Remember, coaches can teach you how to play but they can't teach you how to hussle. Only you can bring that to your game. Never mind giving 100%. No one really knows what that is...you can always do a little more and be a little better. Hit hard, wrap up and drive through. And never, ever give up.
I love you Jay! Red Devil Pride!

Strong said...

Riley is playing on the Sophmore team this year. He is on the line too. I can't believe I have a High School student......