Friday, August 22, 2008

Third Wave

These are all kind of random pictures. Just pictures I thought were neat and told a story of a beautiful, backward, war-torn place. Most of these are of where Will is right now though. Let me know what you think!

This is my favorite picture so far. These little girls are so beautiful and I love the bright colors of all their clothing and head wraps. One thing I've notice that Afghani men and women are very good at....accessorizing! Unforgettable!


Will said he will never forget seeing a little old man riding a donkey on the side of the road, talking on a cell phone. Technology is being thrown at them - and they still live in what looks like Old Testament times.

The women usually go hide when anyone comes near. Will said he hasn't dared take a picture of a woman yet. He said that he was close enough to women to take a picture, but it would have been inappropriate. These pictures are far away and you can't see their faces so It's a little less invasive.
.....and then there's this stuff! A little more invasive!

Afghan "gypsy" homes

I feel like I know this little girl. I have seen her in more than one picture collecting pine needles - obviously it's one of her chores. She's also in two pictures above this one, in the aqua blue dress.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The people are so beautiful. They seem so somber, humble. I think Will looks good, He is still smiling for pictures and his countenance seems well. Thanks Julie for posting and keeping us up to date.-Donna

Brookie said...

Julie!
These pictures have been so fun to look at! I can't believe it...it is like you see these pictures on the news and they just seem unreal. You see them from someone you know, and they become totally real! Keep updating us!