SOAKING UP SOME SUN!
One last time before the winter-white skin sets in!
(obviously, not with Will though - this picture is from last summer)
Me and the kids came down to Washington to my parent's condo for one last summer getaway. We love it here. The kids are bored when we're not at the pool, but I'm thinking this is awesome. I slept for 6 hours TODAY! Not last night, TODAY!! That's not including any time I may have dozed off at the pool. (I had a quick, startling dream - you know the ones where you wake up with a jerk? I hit a deer with huge antlers with my truck in my dream, weird I know! I hope it's not a premonition!) It is so hot that the sun starts to hurt when you sit for even a couple of minutes, so I'm sufficiently baked.
And no trip to the condo would be complete if we didn't "pop a movie and watch popcorn" (that's a Will-ism, btw) and the movie we traditionally watch when we come down is Shrek I, II or III. My kids can do quotes from all three - sometimes that's not a good thing though. I can still hear Will laughing. We miss him on these trips. He's the playful parent. I'm the lazy-leave-me-alone-I'm-trying-to-tan-parent. Will, I had a Diet Coke in a "frozen mug" just for you. I couldn't bring myself to drink a REGULAR Dr. Pepper though. Sorry! (I know, Ryan and Steven - hold off on the stone throwing!!) I thought of you with every slushy-sip of Diet Coke goodness!!

So I'll post pictures when we get home. If school weren't starting, We would stay here indefinitely and we'd survive on In-n-Out Burgers (yea, I know - my heart started beating fast when I saw it had a drive-up window!!)
1 comment:
Sounds like loads of fun! Can't wait to see your pictures!
Post a Comment