Monday, August 25, 2008

Fourth and Final Wave!

As I sit here with the cool air blowing on my back and a full stomach from eating Special K for lunch (because breakfast time came and went too fast...) which I retrieved from my walk-in pantry and my cold milk from my favorite-fridge ever, after coming home from a state-of-the-art gym in my car, and then came home to send my kids off to free school and then turned on my computer in my beautiful, sheltered, comfortable, safe home, I look at these pictures in awe. This really exists somewhere in the world and until you see it from the eyes of someone you actually know - not some reporter who chooses the tear-jerker, shocking pictures and stories - it's hard to imagine that it's real. I know I'm blessed, you all know you're blessed too....
so I'll stop.

Another favorite picture. Will said it best when he used the word "enchanting"
Poppies, poppies, poppies will put them to sleep...sleep...sleep....now they'll sleeeeep.
I don't need to tell you about the farmers and poppies and drugs and the Taliban, do I?

The only way to describe what it looks like is "ancient ruins" yes?


This picture, I think, was from further up north near Mazir-a-shariff.


The "Corn Wagon" material store? I think not!

No comments: