If anyone needs a place to donate money for an awesome reason - I know a place!!!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Bring on the cold - in November!
So the "Operation Coats" project is moving on very well. Of course, because the Welburns are doing it!! The Ward in Nephi sorted through A LOT of coats, jackets, sweatshirts, lunch boxes, books, gloves, hats, anything the elementary schools wanted to shove into those huge black bags....and one mouse that got loose in Traci's house (sorry) They emptied all the bags and decided what would go and what would go to DI/MS. The ladies in the ward even shared in washing all the coats! On the hot cycle I hope!!
This is the unloading of all the bags and the sorting of all the coats, etc. The mouse was not sorted, he's in a better place now. If you know me, you know my HATRED of mice. So if a mouse broke the rules and entered my house, or Traci's, it must die!! Period.
Braden has done well. So far he has boxed up over 600 heavy coats and over 500 winter hats, mittens, and heavy gloves. He now calls himself the expert packer. So far he has 25 boxes to ship at about $45 a box. Hopefully he will start fund raising soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Julie...I would like the info for school supplies/coats/anything. I'm going to help with a "service" club at our Elementary School. Thanks. Emily
Post a Comment