Monday, July 21, 2008

Jay's 3rd, 13th Birthday Party

Jay got a beautiful, hand-carved chess set from Afghanistan from Will, and an XBox game and a tennis racket - and a bike a few weeks ago. Major purchases must be included as birthday presents. Jay has been interested in tennis lately. It's a good thing Grandpa Strong and Uncle Steven are spending so much time putting up a basketball backboard on our garage!!!

Jay spent most of the week with my BFF Crystal, Shane and Chase and Trey in Cedar City. Jay and her two boys Chase and Trey, were always together when we lived next to each other in Nephi. She took awesome care of him on his birthday. Made him a cake (it was probably from scratch and everything, just like her pancakes and lasagna!) and they even gave him an awesome birthday present. No wonder he would rather be with the Johnsons than at home!
Can you ever have too many birthday parties? Maybe not when you're 13, but when you're my age, who cares anymore! How old am I anyway? I dodged the birthday cake-making bullet again, Janette made Jay's cake (LOVED it and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU) and I made the ice cream. I'm ready for the birthdays to be done. Did you ever imagine a day when Julie would say that she's had enough SUGAR? Jay is still thinking the word "teenager" is pretty cool and can't believe he is one. Neither can his mom. We love him so much - hormones and all!

1 comment:

Strong said...

I noticed at the 24th of July picnic how tall he is getting. It is crazy how fast our kids grow up.