Saturday, July 26, 2008

What Did YOU do today?

This is what I did today!!!

Marie.....my great, supportive, awesome, husband also gone, partner in CRAZINESS!!!

14000 ft....

BREATHE
BELLYBUTTON
BANANA

Mike, my 'jumpmaster' asked me on the plane as we were getting ready to jump, "Where's the most important man in your life right now?" I said, " In Afghanistan!" and he said, "No, I'm right here!" True, but as soon as I got to the ground, safely, Will was back to #1 again. Actually, Will was always #1, but you don't tell that to a man who you are strapped to and he's wearing the only parachute!!
No, this isn't a "go-out-and-be-wild-and-crazy-while-Will-is-gone stunt" I've wanted to do it since I saw Brad and Lezlee's wedding video with Lezlee jumping. I cried when I saw Lezlee's jump - what an empowering moment! I wanted and needed to feel empowered and I needed to prove to myself that I can do anything! I still can't make bread though.....my next challenge!

Ladies, this is what 36"ish" skin looks like at 110 mph!!! NOT PRETTY!!

Free falling for 55 seconds!! I think I forgot to breathe because I COULDN'T breathe!!

It felt like we were coming in too fast, but...

We made it safely to the ground with not so much as a grass stain on my bum!!

I DARE YOU TO DO IT!!!

4 comments:

Jill Park said...

I my gosh girl, you are crazy! That looks awesome. Amazing pictures. You are brave weather you can make bread or not!

The Olsons said...

Oh my gosh! That looks so fun, but I think if it really came down to it I would chicken out! Wow! LOVE the pictures!

Tuttle Family said...

Wow, Julie! You are awesome. I thought I was really living because I had the courage to jump off the high-dive at the pool yesterday. This is really cool, can't wait to see the video. I can't believe you're smiling. No screaming? I love you.
Love,
Jane

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! HOORAY! THat looked amazing! It gave me the rush all over again!! It looked so awesome! Way to go Julie! You are me hero! I don't know if I could do it all over again!!!