Jay, Katie Jane and Lauren were chosen to go to a summer camp in Texas hosted by home-builder DR Horton, who my brother-in-law Brad Lambert works for. They were so excited, mostly, Jay kept saying that he was being forced to go. He just wanted to stay home and do nothing and complain that there was nothing to do. Hmmm. Mow the lawn, weed, garbage, feed the dog, dust, CLEAN YOUR ROOM, be nice and countless other things were available for him, but he wants to do nothing. I guess 13 year olds are good at doing that! But after taking them to the airport on Sunday morning - went well, except for Katie crying as she was boarding the plane - "I'm a bad mom!!!" - they were off. I got a call later that night from each of them that they were okay....Jay threw up 3 times on the plane, once, that I know of was not in any kind of a bag and the other two I think I erased from my memory out of guilt. Lauren was not communicating in any kind of words I could understand. Mostly crying sounds. Katie was great and excited to get on some horses! I'm sure they're okay, because the DR Horton camp counselors have not contacted me to tell me that they couldn't stand the crying anymore.
So...being minus three, Emma and I took off to Cedar City to stay with my BFF
Crystal. We were neighbors in Nephi and probably put over 100 miles around our block. We would walk and talk until our husbands came out to see if we were still alive. Sometimes, they didn't care. I love her and miss seeing her every day and mowing her lawn! Her two boys, Chase and Trey were totally entertaining for Emma. Who would have thought that my sweet, baby girl who loves to wear skirts and dresses and big earings would also love.... FROGS!!!

Emma and her frog. Trey and Emma spent at least 2 days collecting, watching, holding and sadly enough, killing frogs - unintentionally of course!! Crystal and I spooked her when we said that it was going to jump down her shirt. She also refused to kiss it. DANG, there goes my castle!! (Doesn't the mother-in-law get her own castle?)

They were not even remotely cute!

Trey and Emma's four babies. Awwww! (gag)

This picture is to make Will's mouth water! Shane was our chef on Tuesday night. (Ladies, he even wore an apron and did the dishes after dinner!!) He cooked ribs and baked beans for us. Shane and Will should open up a restaurant someday. They are both AWESOME cooks. Emma ate 6 ribs, more than any of us adults. Of course, we told her it was chicken - (Amy (Fish), I am so sorry you have to see this!!) It was awesome and I loved every finger-lickin' moment!!!
Chase, Trey and Emma

Me and Crystal
Does it look like I slept in until 11:00 am on 2 of the 4 nights I stayed there? The other 2 mornings I only slept until 10:30! Only 5 hours later than my normal wake-up time! We watched movies, ate junk, went to a movie, talked, I slept and relaxed the whole time. I did nothing and it was great! Crystal even bought me my own 12-pack of Diet Coke! I love the Johnsons! Me and Emma had a great time and I can't wait go back again!
THANK YOU CRYSTAL! I LOVE YOU!
2 comments:
What a fun trip. Hope your kids have fun time at camp.
That sounds so fun! (I forgive you for the meat pictures:)
Post a Comment