These are pictures of Will's second time to "undisclosed".

Traffic in the canyon. The highway goes through a canyon that reminds me of Zion's. The road is made of very tight switchbacks and tunnels that traverse a literal cliff. Getting the up-armored humvee's (UAH's) through the canyon without overheating in the 110 degree heat is a trick. When the engine temperature reaches 230 we have to turn the heaters on. It's funny that the UAH's are equipped with air conditioners that we never use...we're forced to use the heaters. It feels like you're in an oven.
The new FOB

Building the TOC (didn't Will get enough of the power tools before he left? This was supposed to be a vacation!!)

Little did Will know that building onto our home was prep work for Afghanistan! Have saw, will deploy! May I brag that Will is pretty much good, nay, GREAT at EVERYTHING! And I mean that!

Our Camp

Me and Wheeler and one of our 'terps' Harly (this interpreter wanted to talk to me once when Will called home - from what I could understand - yikes - he's buying and sending me a dress! What did I do to deserve that? Can't wait though!)

Major Filoso, Ramin and little kids

Me and Capt. Mussah in the TOC (Tactical Operation Center - I had to look up that last acronym in a letter from Will.
You're Welcome!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment