Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Hold on a second while I climb onto my soap box.....Okay. I love this country and I love this flag. So few United States citizens have a respect for our country, our flag and even our President anymore. We are a free country where we have the opportunities most people in other countries can't imagine in their wildest dreams.


I'm thankful and I appreciate what so many men and women have sacrificed for us to be able to be spoiled rotten brats. Do we know how blessed we are? I know that this is one nation under God. Our Heavenly Father MUST be a part of everything we do in our lives, our homes and most especially in and for our country.

Here I sit, without my husband, crying now of course, because he is in a country trying to find a man who changed our lives forever. It drives me crazy that people don't appreciate, understand, love, care, try, work, help, serve, the things that are the most important to us in our country. I'm trying to be more UNSELFISH, more LOVING, more UNDERSTANDING, more THOUGHTFUL, and less judgemental of others, because I want someone to do the same for me.

Do you love this country? Act like it!!

"As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free"

Oh, thus be it ever, when free men shall stand between their loved homes and the war's desolation! Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n rescued land praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserved us a nation! Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, and this be our motto: "In God is our trust!" And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!


Happy Fourth of July

1 comment:

Leslie K said...

Julie--(I finally made it to your blog!!) Happy 4th of July!! Thank you for your great, and touching, posts. . . Thank you to Will and your family for all you are doing. I'm thinking of you, praying for you, and cheering you on! Leslie Kawai