Friday, July 18, 2008

WARNING! TEENAGER IN THE HOME!

Happy Birthday, Jay!

13 years ago today, after a couple of weeks on bed rest under the surveillance of Will the bed-rest enforcer, We had a teeny-tiny little boy whom we names James Andrew! 5 lbs. 11 oz. and 17 inches long. He was so tiny, not even the preemie clothes would fit. Kansas is hot in July, so Jay didn't need clothes anyway, although, Grandma Jane would disagree. All babies should be wrapped in a blanket, all the time. It was a wonderful day, Jay was healthy, beautiful, happy and his mom and dad were so happy he was sent to us! We love him so much and we are so proud of the awesome young man he is.

Newton Medical Center in Newton, Kansas. Jay is so proud to have been born in Kansas! We still call him JayBird! Go KC Jayhawks!!

We named him after his great-grandpa Strong. James (Jay) Albert Strong. James is also the name of countless other men on both sides of our family. Both of mine and Will's dads, great-great-grandpa's, uncles and cousins. But it's his great-grandfather Jay whom he is named after. It was meant to be because Jay has brown eyes just like grandpa Jay. No brown eyes between me and Will.

Jay was a drop in the carseat-bucket!

This is one of my favorite pictures. I love my men!!!

3 comments:

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Happy Birthday Jay! We sure love you and are so happy you're in the family! I loved looking at all those baby pics! So cute! Missed you Julie this past trip! I hope to see you soon! Love you guys!

Strong said...

What a handsome young man you are turning into. Happy Birthday!

Strong said...

Julie, I need your email address....but anyway I hope you get this message. Besides myfamily.com that I want to invite you to I have a blog now too
http://scottandalice.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you there!