Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Will

WARNING - SAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES FOLLOW:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

I know that #37 is one of your favorite numbers, but it sure sucks as a birthday age! I wish we could be with you, or rather, you with us! I don't really have a desire to be in Afghanistan. I love you so much and I know it's just another day for you, but you must know that I know you are here on this earth for a very special reason, and it's not just for me. My life is so much more blessed with you in it. Our children's lives are so much more blessed because you are their father. I'm sorry you're alone. I know it's not the first time, though! We'll make your birthday cake and eat it too! I hope you enjoy your Hostess cup cake - I want picture proof you ate it!! Hurry before they're all gone!!! I love you and miss you and I'll make this birthday up to you when you come home. I'll make TWO cakes....and eat them too! (and other stuff)


This is what you were doing a year ago today! You were camping then and you're camping now - in 40 degree hotter weather and in a combat zone under hostile fire, however! Have fun with that! (is there hostile fire in big metal buildings with computers? I'm in denial.)

We love you so much! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Julie, Jay, Katie Jane, Lauren & Emma
XOXOXOXOXOX


2 comments:

raquelb said...

Can I just tell you that I cry every time I read your blog. You write about really happy and upbeat things but I still just cry for you that you are away from Will and he's away from you guys. You're awesome! Hang in there. When does he get home?

Strong said...

I love reading your blog. I feel like I'm getting to know your family so much more. Thanks for sharing some of your personal feelings. I'm so happy you and Will have such a good open relationship.