Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jay's Final Baseball Game (WAHOOO!)

Jay's team went to state this year. The Astros!!! So this year, his team also made state last year, I was going to be an awesome mom (stop laughing) and pack a cooler with food and drinks and stuff to help the time go faster and take the temptation away from the concession rip-off, water for $1.75, stand. It didn't happen. Jay had two games on Tuesday. They won the first, lost the second. Then he had two games on Wednesday, again, won the first and lost the second. You should see the tears running down my cheeks because I'm so sad it's over....NOT! Jay, of course did really well. He is so much taller than most the boys on his team. A pet-peeve of mine is that coaches and some parents get so intense and worked up over these LITTLE LEAGUE games. Come on people. So, when parents yelled at Jay and a coach yelled at Jay for not running to home, when the 3rd base coach had told him not to, well, let's just say that Julie's big mouth made an appearance. Jay knows his own slowness. He's got 4ft. long legs for pete's sake!! So I was fine with him staying on third and not getting out. His coach sent him to steal home right after that, and he got out! Mom's know more than coaches!!! Sometimes. Anyway, all the running around to 3 children's games is DONE! For now. My kids had fun and learned how to be good sports. I got an awesome tan on my right side from sitting at all the games and facing South.

I know that Will is not on anything like a vacation. But out of love for my husband, I am going to let him go to EVERY game next year by himself. As my kids know, when I say these words, I mean it -- I'M DONE!!

I THINK YOU'RE AWESOME, JAY!!

No comments: